We are experiencing an atypical situation generated by Covid-19, with lack of physical activity and long hours of teleworking, and precisely for this reason it is important to offer our clients effective treatments that help them recover and one of these treatments is wood therapy that today we are talking about.
Maderotherapy is a massage technique that comes from oriental medicine and that consists of the application of a body or facial massage by means of wooden instruments that allow a complete body reshaping.
The different shapes and sizes of these instruments allow the massage to be applied with greater or less intensity, in addition to adapting it to different parts of the body.
Nowadays, this type of massage can be practiced on practically the entire body: legs, abdomen, waist, flanks, back and arms, as well as on the face and part of the neck (double chin).
One of the great advantages of this treatment is that it is completely natural since it is performed with wooden instruments and it is non invasive.
What are its benefits for your clients?
It is a much more intense and deep massage than the one done only with the hands. Applied at the body, it is a perfect treatment for:
- Reducing fat and cellulite.
- Activating blood and lymphatic circulation.
- Reducing the contour and shaping the silhouette.
- Draining and toning the skin.
- Achieving a relaxing effect on the muscles.
- Providing extra hydration to the skin.
- Stimulating energy balance.
In the case of facial wood therapy, it is a perfect complement to rejuvenation treatments:
- It has firming and toning effects.
- It activates the blood and lymphatic circulation of the face, thus helping to improve the appearance of the skin.
- It activates the production of collagen and elastin.
- It also acts on the muscles of the face, providing tonicity and reducing flaccidity.
In most cases, the results begin to be noticed from the first session and it is a treatment that can be adapted to the needs of each client.
Why include this treatment in your beauty center?
On the one hand, it is a treatment that is very fashionable among celebrities and influencers. In addition, it is in high demand because it is non invasive and because everything related to the ecological world, the contact with Nature and natural products such as wood, is in trend.
On the other hand, it is a very profitable treatment: maximum benefit, low cost since you only need:
- A complete set of good quality wood therapy instruments that you will use in all services.
- A massage oil with reducing and firming properties, with which, in addition to facilitating the massage, you will be able to intensify the result of the treatment and hydrate the skin.
Although from the first session you begin to see some results, several sessions are usually necessary to complete the treatment, as well as a few monthly maintenance sessions, which will increase the number of visits to your center.
As it is a non-invasive treatment, this considerably alleviates the doubts that some people have towards certain aesthetic treatments.
Regarding the staff:
- Specialized training is needed in order to learn, not only the use of each of the instruments, but also the way to perform the massage, depending on the results you want to achieve.
- Thanks to the use of these instruments, the physical effort of manual massages is reduced.
Finally, we are often asked about the rates to be charged for services. To decide about that, it is necessary to study many factors that can have an impact when pricing a service (area, sector, cost, etc.).
In the case of wood therapy, it is strongly recommended to offer multi-session packs as a complete treatment and maintenance sessions.
Remember that at Seena Owell we also offer specialized training to professionals in the world of beauty.
We hope you have found interesting the content of this post! Do not hesitate to contact us if you need additional information about the products or training for professionals!